I’m going to press towards the mark with the Suitcase Entrepreneur blog challenge although I’ve been challenged with getting started. The question about finding your focus and biggest challenges are very thought provoking. What is my greatest fear? Well, I like this quote by the American spiritual teacher, Marianne Williamson. The famous quote is, “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us.” When I think about this quote, it has a lot of truth to it for me. You see, I have this vision in my mind that I’ve even transferred to my journal of how I want my life to be but then I don’t fight for the life that I envision or even write about. I end up getting distracted and using all types of excuses not to design the life that I so desire. So, what am I afraid of? Why do I allow myself to continue along a path of unhappiness day after day. I find all types of excuses but I have to remind myself that I’m a working wife and mother, active in my church and community, and also very busy trying to hold everything down. But, still, I’m not the only one that’s busy. There are folks that have more on there plate than I do, and still create a life of their dreams. Unfortunately, I’ve come to realize that I’m afraid of it really happening…………..afraid of the success that I hunger for. But, this will change. I’ve learned that in this life, it’s a fight for whatever you want. Noone is going to hand you anything. I have to fight for the location independent work lifestyle that I want. And, I believe I have some tools that can help me finally get to where I want to be.
- Goals – not only will I set the goals, but I will write them down, and conquer them. And, have an accountability partner to ensure that I meet those goals
- No – learn how to say no. After all, NO is a complete sentence that I should use more often.
- Identify – I have already identified what my issue is, now I will move forward
- Action – take action. I need to remember the quote by Zig Ziglar, that says you don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great!
- Exercise – I’m an avid runner and I’ve found that it keeps me stress free. I also do yoga for my whoosah moments. It’s something about the release of endorphins that makes life so much more bearable.
I realize that I have to take action and take it now! What is the biggest challenge that’s holding you back? Think about it and take action.